Tomorrow is the day for all the fun of the fair at the Wilson Home Antiques Road Show and Family Fun Day. All the preparation has been done to make this a fabulous day for all the family and a success for The Wilson Home Trust for Children with Disabilities.
Hear is a reminder of what is on offer:
- Antiques valuation by three expert valuers – up to 2 items values for a donation of $10
- Entry into the gate prize draw at 3.30pm for a 7 night holiday at Queensland’s Gold Coast for two people for every adult fair entry ticket purchased – click here to see conditions
- Free entry for kids
- Fun activities for children including big slide, bouncy castle, merry-go-round, ferris wheel, pre-school play pen, plate smashing. hair braiding, face painting, farm animals, arts & crafts, uni-cycles, pogo sticks, coconut shies, and more
- Pies, coffee, cakes, Devonshire Teas, drinks, ice creams, shaved ice, candy floss, sausage sizzle, hamburgers
- The Breeze 93.4 FM radio station
- Harvey World Travel, Milford travel advice
- Old Fire Engine
All money raised will be donated to The Wilson Home Trust and selected Rotary community projects.
We look forward to you being our guests.
With only two days to go before the big day there has been plenty of last-minute activity. Final arrangements have been made to ensure that our panel of antiques valuers are ready, signage is organised, the sound system in place, activities are ready to run, The Breeze will be there, and traffic management plans are ready to roll.
Sunday 28 March will be a very busy day along Lake Road. At 9.00am some 8,000 kids will be released from the upper fields at Takapuna Grammar School for the Shore to Shore Fun Run to Milford. Later in the morning they will return to the area with their parents to collect cars, and hopefully visit the Wilson Home Antiques Road Show and Family Fun Day. Lake Road will also be busy with people heading to the Bikers’ Day Out at Fort Takapuna so visitors to the Wilson Home Fair should expect some congestion and delays.
Remember, all adults paying the $2 entry donation to the Wilson Home Antiques Road Show and Family Fun Day are automatically in the draw at 3.30pm for the 7 day holiday for two on Queensland’s Gold Coast, but you have to be present at the draw to collect the prize, or it will be redrawn. Conditions for the draw are as follows:
- Each entrance ticket will entitle one entry into a prize draw which will take place on 28 March 2010 at 3.30pm at the Harvey World Travel tent. The first entry drawn where the ticket holder is present will be the winner.
- The prize is a 7 day Gold Coast Holiday for two staying at the Breakfree Beachpoint apartments with return economy airfares and all prepaid airport taxes to the value of $1500.00. All other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner and their companion must travel together and are responsible for obtaining all necessary visas and valid passports for travel. The prize must be redeemed by 31 October 2010.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and can not be exchanged for cash. The prize is subject to availability at time of booking. The winner must book their travel directly with Harvey World Travel, Milford.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
As you will appreciate, parking will be at a premium, so please be considerate. Parking will be available for a donation of $5 in the Takapuna Grammar Grounds . Lake Road entrance from 11.00 am.
It looks as though the weather will be fine, so bring your antiques and children and enjoy the fun of the fair.
Auckland’s Easy Listening radio station The Breeze 93.4 FM will be at the Wilson Home Antiques Road Show and Family Fun Day on Sunday 28 March broadcasting call out spots from 11.00 am til 1.00 pm as part of the overall promotional activity for the event. Also, in the period leading up to the day there will be promotional spots in the community notices broadcast during the day.
As part of the promotion The Breeze will be giving away 20 vouchers to callers which entitle holders to:
- Free Admission for 2 adults and up to 3 kids (value $4)
- Free Assessment of up to 2 antique items by one of four expert assessors (value $10), and
- Free Entry into the gate prize draw at 3.30 pm for a seven-day holiday for two on Queensland’s Gold Coast sponsored by Harvey World Travel Milford – all accommodation and airfares include (value $1,500).
The Breeze will have one of their special vehicles on site with flags and signs and will be an active part of the fun of the day.
So keep listening to The Breeze – Auckland’s Easy Listening 93.4 FM to be in with a chance to get one of the 2o free entry vouchers.