Tomorrow is the day for all the fun of the fair at the Wilson Home Antiques Road Show and Family Fun Day. All the preparation has been done to make this a fabulous day for all the family and a success for The Wilson Home Trust for Children with Disabilities.
Hear is a reminder of what is on offer:
- Antiques valuation by three expert valuers – up to 2 items values for a donation of $10
- Entry into the gate prize draw at 3.30pm for a 7 night holiday at Queensland’s Gold Coast for two people for every adult fair entry ticket purchased – click here to see conditions
- Free entry for kids
- Fun activities for children including big slide, bouncy castle, merry-go-round, ferris wheel, pre-school play pen, plate smashing. hair braiding, face painting, farm animals, arts & crafts, uni-cycles, pogo sticks, coconut shies, and more
- Pies, coffee, cakes, Devonshire Teas, drinks, ice creams, shaved ice, candy floss, sausage sizzle, hamburgers
- The Breeze 93.4 FM radio station
- Harvey World Travel, Milford travel advice
- Old Fire Engine
All money raised will be donated to The Wilson Home Trust and selected Rotary community projects.
We look forward to you being our guests.
With only 4 days to go until the Wilson Home Antiques Road Show and Family Fun Day it’s time to sort out what you want to bring along to be assessed by our expert panel of antiques valuers. Remember, there is a limit of two items only so that everyone gets a chance to seek an opinion.
Experts who will be there on the day include Donald Melville, James Parkinson and Paul Nilsson who will provide commentary that will be relayed over a closed circuit television monitor and sound system.
So, sort out your cups and saucers, granny’s jewelery, great aunt’s silverware and granddad’s collection of medals and bring them to the Wilson Home in Lake Road, Takapuna (next to Takapuna Grammar School).
Your $10 will go towards special programmes planned for by The Wilson Home Trust for Children with Disabilities.
And while you are there, join in the fun of the fair, have a bite to eat and support the other fund-raising activities suited for all the family.
A fun day for kids is part of this year’s Wilson Home Family Fun Day and Antiques Road Show.
While Mum and Dad are getting an update on the value of the family treasures, kids will be able to zoom down the Big Slide, jump in the Bouncy Castle and ride the merry-go-round or ferris wheel. There will be plate smashing and coconut shies stalls for those wanting to demonstrate their accurate ball throwing skills, as well as a Ride-on Challenge area where balancing skills can be tested on uni-cycles and pogo sticks.
A feature for this year’s event is a Kids’ Arts and Crafts area where tutors from the Lake House Arts Centre in Takapuna will help children create their own sculptures out of ceramic clay, cardboard, recycled materials, tin cans, plastic bottles and items from nature like driftwood, stones and shells as well as adding 3D effects to paintings and drawings.
All proceeds from the fete go to The Wilson Home Trust for Children with Disabilities and Rotary Community projects.
Other attractions for kids will include an animal farm, face painting, hair braiding, mini golf and a play pen for small children run by the North Shore City Community Trust.